Walsh Waste, number 1 for septic tank emptying and cleaning in Galway, has been running a septic tank cleaning and empting service in Galway since 1979 and provide a comprehensive empty & clean as part of the service.
- We empty and clean the tank including the removal of all liquid and solid waste
- We carry our high pressure jetting of both inlet and outlet lines to the tank
- We jet the percolation pipes (where accessible)
- Grease Traps are Emptied at no extra cost
- The Sludge is disposed to a licensed facility
- We Provide a Treatment Certificate for Galway County Council (or other Authority) when they come to inspect your tank
- All part of our septic tank service
We desludge every type of treatment plant including the following: Klargester, Puraflo, Biocycle, Envirocare, and many more. If your make is not on the list, don’t worry, we can handle it.
Septic Tank Service locations
Galway City & Suburbs ►
New Inn ►
A septic tank is simply a buried watertight tank which receives and provides primary treatment of raw waste. It works by separating and retaining settling and float-able solids.
Grease and other light materials float to the top and form a scum layer. Effluent with a very low solid content, leaves via the outlet ‘T-pipe’ to the percolation area. The organic solids undergo liquefaction and are partially broken down into dissolved acids and gases.
A septic tank consists of five components:
• A sewer pipe that carries waste from your home to the tank
• The tank itself
• A pipe carrying the treated waste water from the tank to your percolation area
• A percolation area to disperse the treated water
• The soil/media around the percolation area that provides the final treatment
Your can extend the life of your septic tank by watching what goes into it. This means NO food scraps, sands, gravel, greases, oils etc. Beware of chemicals and solvents that will kill the helpful bacteria in your tank. Finally, have your septic tank emptied or cleaned annually as sludge and scum must not be allowed to accumulate and enter the soak away. We desludge every type of treatment plant including the following: Klargester, Puraflo, Biocycle, Envirocare, and many more. If your make is not on the list, don’t worry, we can handle it.