The Molok deep waste collection solution was invented in 1991 by Veikko Salli, a hotel and restaurant entrepreneur in Finland. Today, thousands of Molok bins can be found in more than 40 countries.
In 2005, Walsh Waste introduced the system to the Irish market, to serve growing demand for user-friendly, sustainable, and cost-effective bin systems. The company has since installed and continues to service Molok bins in a variety of sites in the Galway area.
What is the Molok?
The Molok bin combines timeless design, high quality, and functionality. Only 40% of the container is visible, with the remaining 60% installed to a depth of 1.5 metres underground. This innovative waste solution is suitable for areas that demand a hygienic, aesthetically pleasing, and safe environment, such as residential areas, schools, offices, parks, and more.
Walsh Waste empties the bins with a specialised crane-equipped truck, and a new bin liner is inserted each time. The service also includes maintenance, regular statistical feedback, and web-based client access to account activity.
Benefits of the Molok System
- The Molok offers large waste capacity with little space, freeing yard space for other purposes such as additional parking, services etc.
Ease of Use
- Colour-coded lids to facilitate waste segregation.
- Lids are light weight making it easy to dispose of heavier bags.
- The lids are accessible for wheelchair users.
Economic and Environmental
- Molok bins eliminate the need for expensive bin sheds or enclosures.
- The largest Molok is the equivalent to 5 x 1100 litre bins, therefore emptying is less frequent and fuel consumption is reduced.
- Weatherproof and corrosion-resistant materials means the Molok is more durable than a regular bin.
- Usability has proven to increase recycling rates.
- Waste is easy to weigh when emptying, ensuring accuracy when determining charges.
- Reduces odour of waste areas, as the coolness of the ground slows the activity of microbes, and the oldest waste lies compact at the bottom.
- The self-closing lid prevents the wind and animals interfering with the waste.
- The Molok is more aesthetically attractive than conventional bin sheds, which tend to attract rodents, over-dumping of waste and anti-social behaviour.
I’m interested, What Do I Do Now?
To read more about the Molok, and request a quote, you can visit https://www.walshwaste.com/collections/residual-waste/products/molok
Alternatively, you can reach our team by calling 091 840840 or emailing email@example.com with any enquiries.