Skip Hire Do’s and Don’ts
Our staff have made some suggestions that will help you when you are planning and ordering a skip from Walsh Waste.
- Order in plenty time as delivery days can book up during busy periods.
- Organise rubbish in advance to gain a better idea of the skip size required.
- If you are getting rid of a mattress, use it as a lid on top once everything is flat inside the skip.
- A skip that must go on fresh tarmac can be placed on planks of wood. Please let us know in advance.
- Ensure your driveway is wide enough for skip truck access.
- Obtain a permit if your skip will be placed on a public road.
- If you are unsure what we cannot take away in a skip, ask our customer service team or read here https://www.walshwaste.com/pages/what-can-i-put-into-my-skip
- Do not overload the skip. Our drivers can refuse to take an overloaded skip as they are a safety hazard. You will be asked to remove excess rubbish.
- Don’t have any lose objects left on top of skip that can easily fall off.
- Do not put batteries in the skip. This is a fire hazard.
- Do not include fridges, as they contain gas that is classed as hazardous waste.
- Don’t expect a driver to put a skip somewhere that isn’t safe
- Don’t put hazardous waste in skip.
Please note that during busy periods we cannot guarantee selected skip collection days. Unforeseen circumstances may cause a takeaway to be delayed.
View our range of skips here: https://www.walshwaste.com/collections/skip-hire-galway